Winter Blues And Finding The Joy
Open your windows on crips days and allow the smells and crisp air to flow into the home. Let the sunshine flood your home on sunny days. Light helps the production of melatonin not to get too high. Let the light flood your eyes.
Here are some tips to combat winter blues or isolation that I find boosts my frame of mind.
- Turn your lights on during the winter months, the more light exposure you can get the better. Look out your windows, let the sunshine warm your face. It is a good way to battle the winter blues.
- Get Physical: Take a walk, bike on a sunny day, go hiking, work out. Stay fit and active.
- Hobbies: find something that you did not have time for before and take advantage of the down time. Maybe take up crafts, painting, woodwork or that project you did not have time for. Maybe you wanted to write and now you have the time to start that book.
- Spice It Up: Plan something every day you look forward to. It does not have to be big. Maybe it’s that bubble bath you enjoy, canning your favorite fruit. Take a class in something that interests you, join a group that has common interests.
- Eat Healthily. It is easy to be caught up in bad habits. Plan good healthy meals for yourself. It’s a great time to discover new recipes and try new foods. Stay healthy inside and out. Take advantage of cooking inside during these times. Healthy eating will bring you more energy and you won’t feel so sluggish.
- Turn the Music UP: Music soothes the soul. It has always made me feel inspired. It can calm you, bring you joy and boost your mood. Dance in the kitchen, listen to music while you clean or just sit in your favorite chair or meditate on your favorite music. Fill your home with the sounds of happiness.
- Connect with People: Stay plugged in. Keep in touch with friends and family. Make periodical plans to have dinner with a friend. Go see a family member. Plan a day out with your girlfriend or go golfing with your buddy. Stay connected!
Hope this helps you find your Winter happiness.
This Month’s Inspirational Quote
Life isn’t t waiting
for the storm to pass
It’s about learning to
Dance in the Rain